Monday 3 December 2007

Radiohead - Amnesiac (2001)

New month, and I will be updating again hopefully. I've totally lost track of the blog and been awful at updates!
Anyway, what an album to return with. I've never been a fan of Radiohead up until recently, but now I have discovered the beauty of Kid A and Amnesiac, I am converted! (to the electronic stuff at least!)
A mix of glitchy beats, and ambient soundscapes, Amnesiac is a really fulfilling album. Of particular note is the brilliant drumming on the less electronic tracks, which has a real jazzy feel. Pitchfork gave this a 9.0 despite many critics complaining about it not being a return to the traditional rock format.
My favorite track would be the normal cliche, "Pyramid Song" but also of note is the opener "Packt Like Sardines..." which lyrically, is meant to address those expecting Amnesiac to conform back to those rock roots,

"after years of waiting / nothing came / and you realize you're looking / looking in the wrong place / I'm a reasonable man, get off my case"

Download
Buy

No comments: